Tuesday, July 26, 2011

My First Date with Eyebrows

Dating is meant to be temporary. You don't want to be friends with just one person. You don't want to learn only one person's interests, ways, or habits. You don't want to discover how you react to just one person. Dating one person is like trying one new food. Pizza's great, but if you never tried anything else, you'd never know how supper hamburgers and hot dogs and tacos and chop suey are.
CAROLE MARSH

I met Eyebrows on the dating site.  He was honest and we had a good conversation on the phone right after meeting.  Which told me he was serious about getting together.  He has a daughter.  11.  eek.  But its ok.  I can roll with it.  He asked me if I had ever had Korean food.  And I hadn't.  Which is shocking, because I've had everything else.  


So we decide on lunch the next day at one of his favorite places.  Of course I get there before him.  I try reading the menu, but have no clue what any of it means. I see the pictures...but is it chicken? cat? dog?  I don't want to eat something I could love.  So I wait for him to get there to explain this mess of a menu to me.  (Oh-and they had sushi-$20!! Yeah right...)


He walks in, dressed nice, as he was on his lunch break.  He is cute.  But has female eyebrows.  And I can't help but look at them every time, strange looking.  Not bad, just strange.  Almost like C's brows when she gets loaded.  But whatever.  


He explains the menu to me.  And we have a great conversation.  We don't talk about previous relationships.  We mainly focus on the food and talk about what we are doing later.  I end up ordering a cold Sake, which was yummy.  I had no idea there was such a thing as cold Sake!  Yum. Yum. Yum.  The food was SO good.  I will be going back there.  I have no idea how much it was, because he was a gentleman and paid.  So...we go to leave.  Make no conversation about if we will get together again or not.  But we hug.  And go our separate ways.  


Then my day got bad.  As I'm pulling out of the parking lot, my trucks dings and says, "BRAKE FAILURE.  CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM".  Luckily the dealership was right down the road.  I managed to not hit anyone and pull in without hitting anything.  


Haven't heard back from eyebrows.  So weird.  I don't know what to think about this.  Keeps happening.  


That night I was supposed to have drinks with a Greek doctor.  Had to cancel on him because of the stupid truck. But he continues to text me.  So that might be my next date....


No comments:

Post a Comment