Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Day/Week/Month/Year? of Flying Through the Air

It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -Charles Darwin



While trolling the internet for worthy blogs to read, I came across Jenny.  She used to worked for Google for 5 and half years and then quit to pursue her dreams.  She is currently a speaker, coach and author. In one of her vlog posts, she mentions this article. It is about how we go through life holding onto one trapeze bar.  We hold on tight because we are comfortable and relaxed there.  We can even become paralyzed by fear.  Eventually, we know we are going to have to let go because change is coming. We will have to swing to the next bar we can't even see yet.  And it's in that moment, flying through the air, we make the biggest growth. 

At the moment, I am flying through the air.  I quit the most stable job I have ever had, to move back to Colorado.  I left many friends behind. I moved without knowing what was going to happen in the next week, month or year.  I didn't let the uncertainty paralyze me. And during this time, I have had the opportunity to reflect on my life, who I am, what makes me tick, what makes me smile.  This can be applied to all aspects of my life; family, friends, money, dating, etc.

Jenny mentions how we know what we should do in our hearts, but our mind tends to take over the practical matters, limiting what we actually do. I allowed my heart to take over to bring me to this place.  I knew I was sacrificing a job, money, benefits, and stability.  And I still don't know what's around the corner.  But here I am. Living my life. Perfectly happy with the choice I made.   I had the courage to let go of the first bar and I'm thrilled to know the second bar is right around the corner...

What change or transitions are you going through, or will be going through? 

No comments:

Post a Comment